Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Tuesday- Saturday. Some weekends and evenings required.
Reports To: Director of Construction
Amount of Travel Required: 80%
Positions Supervised: Construction Coordinators, work-study student workers
This is a hands-on position that will require an applicant to be able to physically construct a home from the ground up, coordinate subcontractors, as well as manage continuous, critical and significant tasks and projects, which supports the overall productivity of the Construction Department.
• In accordance with B/CS Habitat for Humanity Plans and quality requirements, supervises all construction activity and provides leadership to assigned construction personnel, including all paid sub-contractors.
• Trains Construction Coordinators and Student Construction Work-Study Assistants as necessary.
• Works closely with Construction Director to ensure materials and service needs are provided in a timely manner to the job sites.
• Treats house recipients with respect and dignity. Strives to make their construction involvement meaningful and reminds weekday crew leaders and Construction Coordinators of this requirement.
• Understands elements that contribute to successful volunteers and helps ensure that volunteers have a consistently good experience that will motivate them to return.
• Ensures schedules and departmental goals are reached by anticipating, reacting to and developing appropriate action plans to typical or common obstacles.
• Evaluates and implements good safety practices and constantly stresses safety with house leaders and volunteers.
• Identifies volunteer jobs/needs not currently filled and communicates needs to Construction Director.
• Supervises all warranty complaints and repairs.
• Meets long and short term goals established with Construction Director and Executive Director.
• May dismiss any construction volunteer/employee provided adequate disciplinary document data is furnished.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or the Construction Director
• Provides calm, confident, and positive leadership to the entire organization.
• Assists with agency events, as needed.
• Disseminates information readily to stakeholders as appropriate.
• Submits accurate reports according to deadlines.
• Submits accurate reports according to deadlines.
• Cross trains with staff to ensure a steady flow of business despite absences.
• Ensures that all areas and buildings are clean, organized, safe, and in compliance with all codes.
• Supports, adheres to and enforces core values, employment policies, strategic plan and operations manual.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (Competency Statements)
• Coaching and Development-Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
• Training-Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
• Decision Making -Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Leadership -Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Problem Solving -Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Resource Management (People & Equipment) -Ability to obta_in and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
• Safety Awareness -Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Technical Aptitude -Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Relationship Building -Ability to effectively build relationships with homeowners, volunteers and co-workers.
• Time Management -Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure -Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Team Builder -Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
• Accountability -Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Self-Motivated -Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Good Communication Skills, Oral -Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Accuracy -Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Project Management -Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Receive Instruction-Ability to follow instruction and take direction on tasks.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Education: High School Diploma
• Experience: Experienced in residential construction, personnel management, and purchasing.
• Computer Skills: Basic
• Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid driver’s license
• Other Requirements: Knowledge of and commitment to the Habitat for Humanity concept, principles and covenant
Please send serious inquiries and resumes via email to email@example.com
or via mail to 119 Lake St. Bryan, TX 77801 ATTN: Andy York