Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Amount of Travel Required: less than 10%
Work Schedule: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Positions Supervised: Student Workers
This position reports to the Executive Director and will have overall responsibility for the agency’s finances, accounting, human resources, payables and receivables, internal and external reporting, as well as day-to-day business administration for the organization. This position supervises student workers from Texas A&M, as budgeted and available.
Four-year degree in accounting or finance related field
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Complete all accounting processes and maintain accounting records following generally accepted accounting procedures and following Habitat’s financial controls and practices.
- Prepare monthly financial reports (ex: Income Statement/Cash Flow Report with Escrow, Balance Sheet, ReStore Income Statement), bank reconciliation detail report, job cost reports, and cash projections report for the Board of Directors; review those reports with the Executive Director before distribution to the executive committee and Board of Directors.
- Maintain reports and filing of all corporate financial controls and practices and reports according to Habitat policies and procedures.
- Biweekly update and deliver the home construction cost report, providing a copy to the Executive Director and Construction Director.
- Perform annual audit/review of the sub-contractor certificates of insurance records and W-9’s and notify the Executive Director of findings and any deficiencies.
- Prepare and file monthly sales tax returns and annual 1096/1099’s.
- Work with Executive Director and audit/tax prep firm to assure timely and accurate completion of annual audit and 990 tax filing.
- In coordination with Executive Director, prepare annual budget for approval by Board of Directors.
- Provide departmental directors with monthly financial statements relative to budget to assist them in managing their budgets and programs.
- Daily monitor bank activities using authorized access to online banking systems.
- Maintain and manage appropriate balances in bank accounts and recommend fund transfers as needed.
- Daily entry of invoices and donations to keep accounting information current.
- After closing is complete, enter and maintain all necessary journal entries to complete the closing process of each property.
- Manage accounts payable; coordinate coding with responsible staff, entering in QuickBooks, projecting cash flow requirements and amounts.
- Supervise writing of payable checks and ensure bills are paid on time.
- Supervise deposits, cash-counting, drop-box access. Ensure receipt, report, and track donations, mortgage payments, pledges, and/or other monetary transactions in an appropriate manner and on a timely basis and following generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of all donations with the development department and between accounting and development software.
- Reconcile and audit credit card receipt transactions between the point of sale and credit card companies and the bank statement.
- Monthly reconcile QuickBooks and KeyStone mortgage receivable balances, escrow balances and all other mortgage-related mortgage financial transactions in preparation of the financial statements.
- Monitor Habitat ReStore cash controls including, but not limited to, daily deposit review and entry, monthly cash reconciliation, surprise cash counts, monthly inventory of purchased goods and annual physical inventory of donated goods and other means consistent with HFH policies.
- Biweekly full-charge administration of payroll including tracking and reporting employment hours worked, benefit hours taken, pay rate changes and submission to the external payroll processing company.
- Answer staff questions regarding payroll and correct any errors or omissions.
- Track and report biweekly to the Executive Director and department heads the status of Paid Time Off (PTO) hours.
- Assist in reviewing and selecting health insurance plans for staff.
- Prepare and assist staff with human resource documents, including new hire paperwork, health insurance benefits, workers compensation claims, etc. Submit paperwork as needed to G&A Partners. Maintain paper employee files and update HR and payroll software as needed.
- Maintain current business liability insurance coverage and insurance records
- Prepare administrative reports as requested for Habitat for Humanity International and other entities.
- Ensure office supplies are adequately stocked.
- Annually assist to update current signatures on record with the banks.
- Able to present Habitat for Humanity philosophy and program to the public, interested homeowners, and potential volunteers; assist with promoting the Habitat ReStore and program ministry, maintaining a positive public image.
- Provide a warm, welcoming and professional environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and a team player, assisting with other projects when requested.
- Be available to assist at build sites as requested on event builds.
- Able to offer prayers or devotions at staff meetings, build sites or in other settings as requested.
- Occasionally attend or participate in weekend wall raising and home dedication ceremonies.
Other duties as assigned.
Submit cover letter and resume to Andy York at email@example.com