Job Status: Full-time
Salary: commensurate with experience
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Community Outreach
Amount of Travel Required: less than 10%
Work Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Positions Supervised: Student Workers
The volunteer coordinator will work with other Habitat staff to execute those programs that support volunteer and development and procurement programs. These programs include but are not limited to volunteer recruitment and retention, volunteer recognition, and other special builds and programs. The volunteer coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and Community Outreach, but also work closely with the Director of Property Development, ReStore Manager and office staff to assist with their volunteer and procurement needs.
- Promote Habitat’s mission, purpose and Christian principles offering support to others when necessary and appropriate.
- Communicate on a daily/weekly basis with Habitat staff to facilitate coordination of staff activities, making sure that there is not overlap or oversight.
- Track and maintain volunteer database.
- Develop and implement a volunteer recruitment and retention plan.
- Develop and implement a volunteer recognition plan, including an annual recognition event.
- Develop and implement volunteer to donor conversion plan.
- Work with Habitat staff to schedule volunteers so that affiliate needs and goals can be met, including but not limited to:
- Construction Volunteers-during the week and on Saturdays
- ReStore Volunteers-during the week and on Saturdays
- Office Volunteers-recurring and to support staff initiatives
- Committee Volunteers-actively seek and place
- Special Events Volunteers-as needed by affiliate
- Work with partner families to organize and schedule sweat-equity opportunities.
- Track sweat equity hours and inform partner families of their progress.
- Work with local governments to provide mandated community service opportunities and program.
- Recruit and manage food donors for construction site and committee volunteer meals.
- Attend and participate in monthly board meetings, annual board training, and long range planning retreats as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Director of Property Development, ReStore Manager and office staff to assist with their volunteer, development and procurement needs.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Must be highly diplomatic/tactful and have excellent communication skills
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must be highly organized self-starter, able to work without supervision, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Constant Contact)
- Available to work Tuesday through Saturday with occasional evenings and have own transportation
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle (mileage provided)
- Experience working with volunteers
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Andy York at email@example.com.
Or mail your application materials to:
B/CS Habitat for Humanity
Attn: Andy York
119 Lake St.
Bryan, TX 77801